Lap band surgery isn’t for people who are slightly overweight, the process is for individuals who are heavy and need to slim down for health reasons. High cholesterol, heart disease, liver disease; even various forms of cancer may result from obesity. That is the reason why the lap band procedure is turning into an increasingly popular solution for weight loss for people fighting with obesity. You can know more about lap band surgery by visiting online websites (such as , www.thelapbandcenter.com/, ).
The amount of success stories of people who went through the lap band surgery is amazing. Even some of the very famous stars on earth have embraced the lap band surgery along with the results have for the most parts have been outstanding. There have obviously been some complications in several cases, but that’s a topic for another time. In this place we’re going to concentrate on who qualifies for lap band surgery, to be able to qualify for the process, a man should have:
* A Body Mass Index (BMI) of above 40, which translates to people who are 100 pounds (45 kg) or more over their estimated ideal weight
* Age between 18 and 55 years (although in some reported cases, doctors have worked outside these ages, some patients have been as young as 12)
* Must have neglected all other weight-loss drug treatments
* History of obesity (generally 5 years or more).
* Should understand the extent of the procedure, and ought to comply with the significant lifelong dietary restrictions required for long term success.
* Acceptable operative risk.
People need to keep that in mind if they believe that the lap band procedure will be the option to their weight-loss challenges.
The lap band diet also requires to be taken into account. The 2nd last point about how the lap band patient or candidate needs to fully comprehend the scope of the process just can’t be overlooked. The lap band patient, after having the operation, will need to change their historical eating habits.